Halloween Poke Cake
- 1 box fudge marble cake mix (plus ingredients for cake on box)
- 6 oz package orange jello mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk (plus more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Halloween sprinkles
- Prepare fudge marble cake mix in a 9 x 13 pan according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Using a straw or a wooden skewer, poke holes all over top of cake. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in jello mix until dissolved. Stir in 1 cup cold water.
- Pour over cake in pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, baking cocoa, milk, and vanilla. Beat well. Add additional milk by tablespoonfuls as needed for desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cake. Decorate with sprinkles. *recipe adapted from Gooseberry Patch The Harvest Table (affiliate link).