Orchard Harvest Fruit Pie
- 2 9 inch pie crusts
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Combine apples, pears, dried cranberries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and milk in a large mixing bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate. Spread fruit mixture evenly into pie crust.
- Lay second pie crust over top of fruit pinching the edge of the crust around the rim of the pie plate to seal.
- Cut 4 vents in top of crust. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an addition 40-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Be sure to check on pie during bake time and cover with foil if crust is getting too brown.
- Cool completely before serving.
Seriously though, I think pie is a universal favorite at any party - just look at how pretty it turns out! And for very little effort, I might add.
Just look at all that beautiful fruit on display during my last grocery trip to Walmart! Doesn't that just make you want to bake up this pie right away?! Be sure to check out more recipe and entertaining ideas on the Simple Entertaining Social Hub.
Here are some more of my favorite pie recipes:
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!