Easter Surprise Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Starburst Sweet & Sour Jellybeans, M&M's White Strawberry Shortcake, spring colored sprinkles
- For the cupcakes, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Gradually alternate adding flour mixture and milk to the sugar mixture, while beating, until ingredients are well combined.
- Divide evenly among 24 paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 15 - 17 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, beat butter, powdered sugar, and milk until light and fluffy.
- Using a small knife, cut a small hole into the center of each cupcake. Fill with small treats. Frost and decorate as desired.
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!