Crockpot Jalapeno Beef Burritos
Makes at least 10 - 12 burritos
- 2 - 2.5 lb beef chuck roast
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup La Morena sliced jalapenos, drained
- 2 tablespoons juice of jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 - 12 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional: sour cream & green onions
- Place roast in large slow cooker along with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low 8 - 9 hours. Remove and shred beef.
- In a stockpot, saute tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, and olive oil over medium heat for 15 - 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in ketchup, jalapenos, juice, vinegar and garlic salt. Stir in shredded beef and 1/2 cup reserved beef cooking juice.
- Bring to a boil and cook until well heated throughout. Serve on tortillas with shredded cheese and optional sour cream with green onion.