11Jan2016Skinny Spaghetti Soup Jump to Recipe Print Recipe This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Redpack Tomatoes for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine. This nutritious soup is packed with tomatoes, carrots, celery, and whole-wheat spaghetti. The perfect alternative to your typical spaghetti dinner night! It’s the New Year and I’m bound and determined to find healthier versions of my family’s favorite dinners, or create them myself. We get stuck in a rut of the favorite dinners and rarely stray from those, just because it takes way too much brainpower for me at the end of the day! I know I’m not alone when I say that heating up a jar of sauce and boiling noodles sometimes is all I can wrap my mind around. If I’m being completely honest though, it does make me feel a bit guilty when I just serve dinner with the bare minimum effort. Don’t get me wrong, I let myself off the hook for those things A LOT and I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. There are 5 people in this family and we are all on different schedules. When dinnertime rolls around there are 5 people with differing levels of hunger, all in some sort of a bad mood (yes that includes you, Reuben)! But, I know that I can do better. I’ve said many, many, MANY times here on Mostly Homemade Mom that planning out dinners is about 95% of the problem. The other 5% is actually going to the store and getting the food – ha! As long as I have everything I need, I really don’t stress about what’s for dinner. This Skinny Spaghetti Soup is a twist on your typical spaghetti dinner night – only this version is MUCH better for you and your kiddos! Recipe PrintSkinny Spaghetti SoupThis Skinny Spaghetti Soup is packed with tomatoes, carrots, celery, and whole-wheat spaghetti. The perfect alternative to your typical spaghetti dinner night! Author: Kelly Miller Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 55 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Course: Dinner Cuisine: American Keyword: spaghetti soup recipe Servings: 6 servingsDid you make this recipe? Leave a review Ingredients 1 lb ground beef or turkey 1/2 cup onion diced 3 cloves garlic minced 2 carrots peeled and diced 2 stalks celery diced 15 oz jar pasta sauce 28 oz can diced tomatoes 5 cups water 1/2 cup whole wheat spaghetti broken in pieces Parmesan cheeseInstructionsBrown beef or turkey, drain, and return to pan. Add onions and garlic and cook 2 minutes.Add carrots, celery, pasta sauce, diced tomatoes in juice, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.Add spaghetti and cook an additional 5-10 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.NutritionCalories: 278kcalFat: 15gSaturated fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 471mgPotassium: 830mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 16gVitamin A: 78.4%Vitamin C: 24.6%Calcium: 9.1%Iron: 21.3% Did you make this recipe? Tag @MostlyHomemadeMom on Instagram and hashtag it #MostlyHomemadeMomI grabbed a can of Redpack Tomatoes (diced) on my last trip out grocery shopping – I really love that brand! Their tagline is: “Redpack. Family owned. Family Farmed.” – they have been owned and operated by the same family for four generations! These tomatoes are really superior quality in both appearance and taste. Plus, they are Non-GMO verified as well as having the safest packaging by using non-BPA/BPS lined cans. They work with farmers they personally know to ensure each can of tomato packed is the best and freshest quality possible! What is your favorite recipe with diced tomatoes? Leave your idea in the comment section below, I’d love to hear from you!