Guacamole Black Bean Turkey Burgers
By Kelly Miller
Healthy grilled turkey burgers made with black beans, tortilla chips, salsa, and guacamole.
Prep time: , Cook time: , Total time:
Yield: 8 burgers
2 lbs ground turkey
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
15 oz can black beans, drained, rinsed, and lightly mashed
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups salsa
2 cups fresh guacamole
1 cup chopped spring mix salad greens
8 burger buns
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, crushed tortilla chips, black beans, and spices with your hands until ingredients are well combined.
- Using a burger press or your hands, evenly divide turkey mixture into 8 patties.
- Grill over low-medium heat for 13 - 15 minutes, flipping half way through, until patties register 165 degrees internal temperature.
- Sprinkle cheese over patties and cook an additional minute or until cheese is melted.
- Place cooked patties in buns and top with salsa, guacamole, and spring mix.