Cherry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Yield: 2 loaves
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until completely mashed. Add butter, eggs, and sugar, and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Add in drained cherries and beat again. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. Cool completely.