Carrot Cake Zucchini Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Place grated carrots and zucchini in a clean dishtowel and squeeze out excess liquid. Stir into wet ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and ginger. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spread evenly into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely.
- For frosting, beat creamy cheese and butter. Gradually add powdered sugar while beating until creamy. Spread evenly over tops of bread. Slice and serve!
This bread would be absolutely perfect with a cup of coffee on Easter morning!
Here are some more of my favorite sweet bread recipes:
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!