Layered Mexican Salad
This Layered Mexican Salad is the perfect potluck side dish recipe! Layers of romaine lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cheddar cheese, and crushed tortilla chips in a homemade taco dip dressing - get your family eating those veggies again!
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 oz chopped green chiles canned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, halved, and sliced
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 avocados halved, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
Whisk together mayo, green chiles (undrained), and spices in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Prepare the vegetables.
Add the vegetables layers into a clear bowl or trifle dish in this order: half of the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, avocados, and cheese. Repeat layers with remaining half of vegetables.
Top salad with prepared dressing. Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips and additional shredded cheese (if desired) over top just before serving.
Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 561mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1285IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 2mg