Cheesy Bacon Zucchini Skins
- 6 slices Smithfield Hometown Original Bacon
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream or ranch dressing
- Chop bacon and saute in a frying pan over medium heat until crispy, drain on paper towels.
- Slice zucchini in half length-wise. Cut in half and cut off the ends, creating 4 skins from each zucchini, 12 skins total.
- Using a large spoon, firmly scoop out the white part of the zucchini leaving about 1/4" inside the skins. Discard zucchini insides and place skins cut side up on a large cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 - 10 minutes or until cheese is done and zucchini is just slightly soft (they should still have a slight raw crunch to them).
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before topping with green onion and serving with sour cream or ranch dressing to dip.