Toasted Pecan Pudding Trifles
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 3.4 oz pkgs instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 frozen Sara Lee Pound Cake, thawed and cut into cubes
- In a large bowl, toss together pecans, butter, flour, brown sugar, and coconut. Spread evenly onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes, stirring at 10 minute intervals (check the last 5 minutes to prevent over browning). Cool completely.
- In another bowl, beat instant pudding and milk for 2 minutes. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- To assemble trifles, place a layer of cubed pound cake, pudding, and toasted pecans. Repeat layers until jars are filled. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Recipe makes 5-6 jars.
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!