Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Danish
- 2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 oz can strawberry pie filling
- Optional: whipped cream
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Unroll one can of crescent dough into the baking dish. Press seams to seal well.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.
- Spoon strawberry pie filling over cream cheese. Unroll remaining crescent roll dough over strawberry pie filling (optional: unroll on a greased cookie sheet, press seams well, and then place on top of strawberry pie filling).
- Beat egg white until frothy in a small bowl and brush over top of danish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until dough is golden brown. Cool completely before slicing and serving!
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!