Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup miniature semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and sour cream, beating until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture until well combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together chocolate chips, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gently add this to the batter with a large wooden spoon, being careful not to overmix.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!