Oven Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Place chicken, pepper strips, and onions into the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Add diced tomatoes over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and taco seasoning. Spread/drizzle over everything in dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring half way through. Allow to cool slightly before serving on tortillas with desired toppings.
Here's a tip when cutting the chicken into strips: use a sharp non-serrated knife! I learned this a few years ago and it really cuts raw chicken much easier.
Here are some more of my favorite Mexican-inspired dinners: