Red Velvet Pound Cake
- 15.25 oz package red velvet cake mix, dry
- 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix, dry
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, oil, water, sour cream, and eggs until smooth.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips. Spread evenly into a well-greased Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- For frosting, beat together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar until fluffy. Spread over cooled cake.
- Press remaining miniature chocolate chips over top of cake. Store cake covered tightly in the refrigerator until ready to serve.