Eggnog Frosted Sugar Cookie Cups
- 17.5 oz pkg Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix pouch
- 1 cup room temperature butter, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cookie mix, 1/2 cup softened butter, egg, and water until a soft ball forms.
- Roll into one-tablespoonful balls and place in greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 7 - 9 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven. While cookies are still warm, using a soda bottle cap or the bottom of a K-cup, lightly press an indentation on the tops of all the cookies. Allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Add in eggnog.
- Pipe frosting onto sugar cookie cups and sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate leftovers.
These make amazing appetizers for any holiday party you may be hosting this year!
I really love that Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie and Peanut Butter Cookie mixes are so affordable and make baking so easy and simple, leaving me time to enjoy our favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions with my family!
I'd hate to be stuck spending hours in the kitchen when I can be making new memories with my kids this Christmas season. Plus, it's so each to just pick up a pouch or two in the baking aisle at Walmart so that you can Spread Cheer with Simple Surprises! Click here for a special coupon!
What recipes are you planning on using to spread cheer this holiday season? Leave your answer in the comments below!
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!