These sweet muffins are the perfect way to use up ripe avocado in your kitchen! The miniature chocolate chips give these muffins a special touch for breakfast as well.
If there’s one thing I'm absolutely NOT looking forward to this upcoming holiday season it’s the mind-numbing busy schedule of activities each week. With preparing for Thanksgiving at my parent’s house, hosting family overnight, shopping on Black Friday (and the weeks beyond), decorating the house, setting up the Christmas tree, my parent's annual Christmas party, the boys' school holiday activities... the list seriously goes on and on. That's only about half of all the things we're looking forward to, anyway!
I'm embarrassed to say that most busy mornings, especially mornings during this crazy season, leave zero room for me to eat breakfast. Well, besides a cup of coffee! Believe me, I KNOW that is doing me no good as far as nutrition and energy for the rest of the day. Those mornings when I do manage to fix myself something to eat in the morning, usually leave me with more stamina throughout the day and into the evening - you'd think I'd learn my lesson!
These sweet Chocolate Chip Avocado Muffins are the perfect quick, grab-and-go breakfast or snack. I absolutely love that they use up some ripe avocados sitting on my counter - I pretty much ALWAYS have avocados sitting on my counter because I need to have guacamole ingredients at all times!
The chocolate chips in these muffins give them just the right amount of sweetness, and how adorable and festive is the green hue?! The boys just love how Christmas-y these muffins are, too!
Chocolate Chip Avocado Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips, divided
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, avocado, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to avocado mixture, beating well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Gently stir in 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly amount 12 lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over top of each muffin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 23 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.
These muffins are just SO good with a morning cup of coffee, I'm telling you!
I honestly can't wait until baby Reuben is big enough to start feeding solid food, avocado was actually the first real food Silas and Wesley ate, and it for sure will be the first he will eat, too! What are you planning to make next with avocados? Leave your ideas in the comment section below!
Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!