Cherry Buckle Cake
- 6 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 14.5 oz can red tart cherries, drained and juice reserved
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced butter in the bottom of a square baking dish. Place dish into oven for 5-7 minutes until butter is melted.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and milk. Top melted butter with batter spreading out as needed.
- Sprinkle cherries evenly over batter. Sprinkle 2/3 cup sugar over cherries.
- Pour reserved cherry juice over cake.
- Return to oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cake to cool 15 minutes before serving.