Slow Cooker Chunky Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 2 (28 oz) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried, minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dry red or white wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Empty cans of tomatoes in the bottom of Crockpot. Carefully quarter the tomatoes in the bottom of the crock.
- Add in minced onion, garlic, wine, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Taste sauce and add additional salt if needed.