Cinnamon Stick Cookies
Yield: 60 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a stand mixer, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs until creamy.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Gradually add dry ingredients to sugar mixture.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and press cookie dough into pan. Try to be as even as possible. Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
- Remove cookie dough from loaf pan using plastic wrap to lift. Slice cookie dough in 1/2 inch slices. Then cut each slice into 1/2 inch strips (about 4 per slice). Lay strips on GREASED cookie sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake until lightly browned at 325 for 11-13 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- While cookies are cooling, mix powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. Keep thinning out with milk until icing easily slides off a spoon. Drizzle icing over cookies.