Lunchbox Smores Bars | Mostly Homemade Mom

Lunchbox Smores Bars

July 23, 2014
Super easy Smores Bars with a graham cracker crust, milk chocolate chips, and toasted marshmallows that hold the bars together for a perfect lunchbox treat!

I'm just a WEE BIT in denial about Silas starting Kindergarten at the end of August. In a little over a month, we will be parents of a school-age child that I am currently certified to teach.

It's just weird, people!!

I'm really, really excited for him though. And OH BABY JESUS does he need it! We've been having a really fun summer, seriously the best one yet, but I'm finding that the busy out-of-routine days leave him a whiny, crying mess. I heard from his preschool teacher last year that the only thing he really needed to work on was paying attention and following directions. As a teacher, I'm going to level with you for a minute here parents so lean in close: not being able to "pay attention" and "follow directions" is THE MOST annoying thing for a teacher! AAnnnddd of course my son is THAT kid.

It's a good thing he's cute. :)

In all seriousness though, he's really an absolutely amazing kid and he is the most loyal and thoughtful friend. He just needs to learn to sit down and listen when the teacher (AKA Mom) is reading a story.

So I'm trying out some new lunchbox treats in honor of my amazing Silas going off to Kindergarten this year. It really doesn't count much for us since he'll be in half-day, but knowing him, he'll want me to pack him a lunch anyway to be just like the big kids. :)

Lunchbox Smores Bars

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, flour, and graham cracker crumbs. Press evenly into a 9 x 9 square baking dish that has been coated with non stick spray. Sprinkle chocolate chips and marshmallows evenly over top. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted brown. Cool completely before slicing and serving (TIP: spray a non serrated knife with nonstick spray before slicing).

Yep, so pretty much that was what the plate looked like seconds after I said, "Ok boys, I'm done taking pictures." Haha!

Here are some more of my favorite smores recipes in honor of Smores Week:

Smores Swirl Sweet Bread

Smores Cookies

I'm so excited to see what all of my other blog friends made today for Smores Week! Check out their yummy recipes below:

<!-- inlinkz code end —>

Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via FacebookPinterestTwitterInstagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!

{linking up!}
25 comments on "Lunchbox Smores Bars"
  1. Those look yummy! Good luck to Silas! I wanted to name my boy Silas, but somehow family and friends talked me out of it. Sixteen years later I can't imagine him as anything else but a Jared! :-)

2. Serene @ House Of YummJuly 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Awww, starting school is such an exciting time! I remember my daughter's always staring out the window when the school bus would drive down the street and ask when they would get to go! It comes so fast :( I'm thinking that these S'mores bars might be making an appearance in their lunchboxes soon!

ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya bout being nervous - our baby is leaving for college in a few weeks! I see a goodie box in her future with these in them!!

ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I can't totally relate, because I don't have any kidlets yet...but i can related because I LOVE S'mores and am dying for these! Pinned!

5. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM

No need for kidlets to enjoy these babies, that's for sure!!

6. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Oh man, I can only image myself when he goes off to college!! I hope your daughter has lots of fun - I'm sure she'd LOVE these in a goodie box!

7. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 23, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I know what you mean, Silas has been obsessed with school buses for years. I don't have the heart to tell him we live within walking distance to his school, lol!

8. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Aww well Jared is a great name, too! :)

ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kelly - they both ended up well named! :-)

ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing! I'm not sure any would actually make it into a lunchbox! lol!

11. Heather @FrenchPressJuly 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM

thee are perfect; we're back to school in a few short weeks, and I will need plenty of snacks

ReplyDelete
  12. I need something other than generic cookies for a VBS snack tomorrow.... I think these may be perfect! Simple, quick, delicious!

13. Janelle Dangerfield ShankJuly 23, 2014 at 10:39 PM

you can never go wrong with a smore anything! thanks for sharing

14. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

These would be great for a VBS snack!

15. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I couldn't agree more, Janelle!

16. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

The summer is definitely too short. :/

17. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomJuly 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Haha, I hear you Lindsey!

ReplyDelete
  18. Made a double batch, and there were no leftovers..... I'd say they were well received! Thanks again for the recipe! :)

19. Mommas Gone CrazyJuly 29, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Those look amazing! I'm pinning this for later!

ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with you- routine is definitely needed. Even though we have fun in the summer, things get so off-schedule. These would make a very yummy lunchbox treat!

21. julieseatsandtreatsJuly 30, 2014 at 12:12 PM

So typical that your child does the annoying thing! It's like they know. I'd love it if you'd pack a few of these in my lunchbox!

ReplyDelete
  22. Your Lunchbox Smores Bars look delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Pinning your post!
    Miz Helen

ReplyDelete
  23. They look absolutely delicious - so going to have to give these a try!! :)

24. Cathy@LemonTreeDwellingAugust 1, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Kindergarten is such an adjustment....hope all goes well! These bars look amazing!!

ReplyDelete
  25. These lunchbox s'mores bars look absolutely irresistible! I have to make these for my Moonbug's lunch!