Homemade Creamed Corn in the Crockpot - VIDEO | Mostly Homemade Mom

Homemade Creamed Corn in the Crockpot - VIDEO

November 7, 2017
A decadent, homemade version of creamed corn for the Crockpot - you'll never go back to canned again!

Crockpot Creamed Corn

I'm seriously a maniac over creamed corn. I've always loved it. I remember always asking for seconds when my mom made it with dinner, usually chicken parmesan. It was SO good!

Creamed corn was one of those things that I really never thought of making myself at home. It always came from a can and if it tasted great that way, why make it at home? Honestly, if you're just starting cooking dinner for your family, there's nothing wrong with creamed corn from the can. I have to warn you, though. Once you make this recipe, there's no turning back.

No can is going to taste as thick and creamy as this. It's heavenly! I highly suggest keeping a spoon next to the slow cooker, because after dinner when you're putting the dishes in the dishwasher, you'll want to keep stealing spoonfuls. I will always have a special fond-ness for the pale-yellow, soupy, canned stuff (gross sounding, I know), but seriously. It doesn't hold a candle to this amazingness!!

Yield: 8 servings

Crockpot Creamed Corn

prep time: 5 MINScook time: 2 hourtotal time: 2 hours and 5 mins

ingredients

• 4 cups frozen corn
  • 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (plus more for serving)

instructions

1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, don't worry about mixing thoroughly, just throw it all in. Cook on high for 1 hour, stir, then cook an additional hour. Serve with fresh ground black pepper.
Created using The Recipes Generator

slow cooker creamed corn

Ohhh man I wish I was having this for dinner tonight! And yes, I would be completely satisfied with just this for dinner. :D

creamed corn recipe

Here are some more of my favorite side-dish recipes:

Crockpot Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

Roasted Nacho Potatoes

Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole

Don't miss another Mostly Homemade Mom recipe! Click here to have recipes delivered by email. Or, you can follow along via FacebookPinterestTwitterInstagram, or Google+ - I'd love to connect with you!

{linking up!}
23 comments on "Homemade Creamed Corn in the Crockpot - VIDEO"
  1. That creamed corn looks amazing!!!!

ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes incredible, Stephanie! Let me know what you think if you make it. :)

ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Lindsey!

4. Cathy@LemonTreeDwellingMarch 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I love creamed corn too...but ONLY homemade! This looks fabulous, Kelly!

5. Tonia@thegunnysackMarch 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Oh wow! I love creamed corn and how cool that your recipe is a slow cooker recipe!

ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tonia, I think I'll try to make virtually anything in the slow cooker haha!

ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Cathy, only homemade from now on!

ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good!! Pinning now and can't wait to try. My husband LOVES creamed corn and he loves to put it in a plain baked potato, so I'm definitely seeing this on a potato bar night in our near future! Thanks for sharing!

ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, now you have me in the mood for a baked potato bar night! Such a great idea, yum!

10. Stephanie Kenner HairrMarch 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I pinned this. My husband loved creamed corn. Can the leftovers be frozen?

ReplyDelete
  11. looks awesome! will have to try for sure :)

12. Kim (Feed Me, Seymour)May 7, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Creamed corn is my absolute favorite! It always has been but my family refuses to eat it. Maybe if I try this version instead of canned, they'll get on board!

13. Ashley @ Wishes and DishesMay 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Can't wait to try this! Love that you made it in the crock pot!

ReplyDelete
  14. OH HEAVENS. I want to dive into that bowl.

15. Elizabeth Deborah McKenzieOctober 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Corn and cream cheese. Two of my favourite ingredients. How could this not be great! :-)

ReplyDelete
  16. Can you cook it in a pot instead of a crock pot? Or does it need to be in a crockpot

ReplyDelete
  17. I made this creamed corn trying to replicate what my mother made and called fried corn. It was tasty and a hit but not like my moms which I believe had a roux of butter, bacon grease, flour and milk. It was seasoned with oodles of pepper and a bit of salt. The closest I have had to it was at Rudy's BBQ in Austin Texas.

18. Kelly @ Mostly Homemade MomDecember 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Mackenzie, you probably could I just haven't done that so I can't tell you how long it would take on the stove.

19. Robyn Kight McGinnisDecember 25, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Can you freeze and reheat at a later time??

ReplyDelete
  20. Made this last night, it was a big hit!! Very yummy, thank you!

ReplyDelete
  21. A friend from Pine Island,FL sent this to me, Thanks Bev. It tasted Fantastic and will share
    it with Family.

22. Paula Dietrich WilsonMay 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM

we've made this several times now, quickly became a family fave, we've almost mixed in peas....YUMMM!!