I'm a BIG Christmas traditions person. And when I say that, I mean Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas to me without these things! I remember when I first got married feeling a bit apprehensive of us starting new traditions together and it just not having the same Christmas vibe to me. I was SO wrong! Christmas was just as exciting and magical, and now even more with little ones running around on Christmas morning. Without further ado, here are my favorite Christmas traditions:
1. Our town's Christmas tree lighting
2. Meatball sandwiches and potato salad on Christmas Eve
3. Shopping on Black Friday
4. Holiday Inn (the BEST Christmas movie!)
5. Baking Christmas cookies
6. Christmas Eve candelight service
7. Driving the kids to the "North Pole" to see the lights (a local place has a great drive-though light display)
8. Friday night advent sleepovers at Grandmom's (so mommy can get wrapping done!)
9. Decorating the tree
10. Christmas parties with family and friends
Speaking of parties, my mom had a small get together at her house last weekend and we served this amazing Bubbly Cranberry Punch. It is seriously easy to throw together and it was a total hit at the party!
Bubbly Cranberry Punch
2 (16 oz) cans jellied cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 liter ginger ale, chilled
Sliced lemons and fresh cranberries for garnish
Pulse cranberry sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add orange juice and lemon juice, pulse until mixed well. Pour into a punch bowl. Before serving, slowly pour ginger ale into cranberry mixture. Stir gently to mix. Serve with lemon slices and fresh cranberries.
This is such a great recipe to have on hand for last minute guests. It's really citrusy and refreshing, a great alternative to hot coffee or tea.
Here are some more of my favorite Christmas recipes: