*This post contains affiliate links - if you click on a link and place an order, a percentage of the sale comes back to Mostly Homemade Mom. Thanks for supporting our recipe community!
I have a small kitchen and because of that, I love having tried-and-true items that last long and are multi-use. I'm a major bargain shopper, but in some cases (definitely with stand mixers) it's worth it to put out the extra money for something that won't wear out in a year or two.
Before I get to my gift picks for the foodie in your life, you have Amazon Prime, right? They're actually offering a free 30 day trial which will get you through Christmas to see if it would be worth it for you. I'm not kidding, it has saved me time and again. The free two day shipping alone... I mean, it takes me two days to plan a trip to Target. Why not have it come straight to my door, am I right?
My Foodie Gift Guide picks this year are all items I personally use in the Mostly Homemade Mom kitchen. This is a great place to start if you have a home cook in your life, and if you are the home cook? Email this gift list to hubby. It'll make his life a lot easier. :)
1. Crock-Pot Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker
- Of course a slow cooker would top the list for me. If you're a regular reader, you'd know I simply can't live without my Crockpot and I LOVE the locking lid function on this one. This is the upgraded version of the one I have and I can't sing its praises enough!
2. Hamilton Beach Bowl Scraper Food Processor
- My mom bought me a Hamilton Beach food processor a couple years ago and I absolutely love how versatile it is. From chopping to slicing to tomato puree, my favorite thing to make in this is my DIY Baking Mix. Check out the bowl scraping feature of this one, totally jealous!
3. KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Mixer
- A foodie wish list isn't complete without the KitchenAid Stand Mixer, am I right? I'm totally crushing over this Bayleaf color, too! I've had my 5 quart Artisan mixer since my bridal shower in 2007 and the thing is still going strong.
4. Metro Design Beater Blade
- You have one of these beaters for your KitchenAid, right? I swear, they should come in the box. This beater has a grip on both sides that SCRAPES THE BOWL for you! It's genius and it works wonderfully, I pretty much exclusively use this beater when using my stand mixer. *Note: this one fits the 5 quart tilt-head mixer, make sure the one you purchase matches the model KitchenAid that you have.*
6. Ninja Master Prep Blender, Chopper and Ice Crusher
- I'm not sure who loves the Ninja more, me or Paul. I actually scored this cheap last year on Amazon during Black Friday deals. Best. Decision. Ever. Paul uses it all the time for his salsa dips at night, I'm constantly using the smoothie container (with pour spout) to make smoothies of course. This thing is absolutely PERFECT for Homemade Icees, too.
7. KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls
- My favorite set of mixing bowls, I actually have these in classic KitchenAid red. This colorful set is going on my Amazon wishlist pronto! I love the non-slip ring on the bottoms and the pour spouts make these perfect for cupcakes and pancake batter.
8. Elevate 6-Piece Heat-Resistant Utensil Set
- This set of cooking utensils are so neat - they rest elevated above the counter! It minimizes drips and they're really high quality spoons. The only problem is for some reason the boys love them too and I'm always finding them in their toy box. :/
9. Stainless-Steel Magnetic Measuring Spoons
- I actually have a plastic set of these, but I'm really digging the new stainless steel. These are magnetic in the center so they don't spill all over the drawer where you're storing them. Plus you get double the usage with a rounded and an elongated end - SO many recipes call for a teaspoon of this and a teaspoon of that - it's really convenient to just use the same spoon.
10. Taste of Home (magazine subscription)
- I think a lot of people overlook magazine subscriptions as gifts - magazines rock! Especially recipe magazines, and Taste of Home is definitely one of my favorites. Buy a current issue and roll it up with a bow for the recipient, it's a definitely a gift your foodie lover will use month after month.
3. Wilton Nonstick Donut Pan
- You guys know me, I love baking. It's funny though, I've never been a huge fan of donuts from the store. I mean I'll eat them haha :). I have SO many recipe ideas floating in my head for this one! I mean essentially, they're muffins baked in a donut shape.
4. Collapsible Cupcake and Cake Carrier
- I LOVE that this holds 24 cupcakes and it's round so it doubles as a whole cake carrier - plus it collapses for easier storage. Win, win, win! Great reviews on this one, too.
If you're a foodie, what would you add to this list? What item in your kitchen could you simply not live without?